Software Engineer/Developer with 20K Sign On Bonus ( R-00057159 )
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, Annapolis Junction, MD area.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20,000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The candidate will be part of a small, end-to-end application development team that builds the user interface (UI), analytics, business rules, data ingest, processing and storage, and operations to automate workflow for mission tradecraft. The position requires a developer with the ability to work full-stack development but with an emphasis on the user interface. The individual will be designing, developing and maintaining the UI for an automated tasking system that allows users to request, manage, and run near real-time operations.The individual will be expected to:
- Handle complex application features and technical designs.
- Interact with the customer, analysts and operators, as required, to identify new enhancements and feature requirements.
- Continually test and evaluate capabilities; proactively solicit feedback from operators; incorporate user feedback to maximize the mission value of delivered capabilities.
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems). A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
- Expertise with software development lifecycle process and development methodologies. Working experience with corporate cloud architecture (GM), HPC, and Machine Learning algorithms.
- The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users.
- Must have strong communication skills to implement software development requirements.
- Must have strong experience with Java
- Experience with MongoDB (commands and scripting)
- Experience with RESTful services
- User interface design and layout experience
- Experience with Vue
- Knowledge of Spring
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)