Software Engineer ( R-00057323 )
Leidos in Pasadena CA is looking for a Software Engineer to work with the NASA Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC) for the NASA Earthdata Harmony effort on the Amazon Web services environment. This position is part of the EISOC program for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
The engineer hired for this position will:
- Implement and simplify access of data managed by different NASA centers
- Implement and integrate solutions for data reduction and transformation
- Implement efficient data management and access solutions to enable cloud-based data analysis
- Implement community standards to improve interoperability and knowledge sharing
- Deliver monthly progress report to the PO.DAAC System Engineer
- Meet with Staffing GS monthly to discuss progress and challenges.
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
The work will be performed in Pasadena CA
- Experience in programming utilizing Python
- Experience in Jupyter Notebooks and JupyterHub
- Experience in development on Linux environment
- Experience in distributed system architecture
- Experience with Agile best practices, including sprint/task planning, code review, CI/CD and associated tool stacks (GitHub/GitLab, JIRA)
- Experience with Docker container
- Experience in database (Relational and NoSQL) concepts and indexed search
- Experience in Amazon Cloud services, S3, EC2, Serverless, etc.
- Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding/familiarity with the TypeScript programming language
- Experience with container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience in common earth science data formats NetCDF and HDF
- Familiar with NASA Earth Science data and metadata standards
- Familiar with geospatial system and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) specifications and APIs, such as WGC, WCS, etc.