Software Engineer ( R-00057844 )
The Leidos Innovation Center (LiNC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work at our Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated and talented Software Engineer to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The successful Software Engineer candidate will support efforts to develop software programs in the context of Human-Machine Teaming. This will be accomplished through development of new tools and technologies to address the continuously evolving capabilities of humans and machines. This work digitizes agents to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of training exercises and future operations.
- 2+ years of experience and BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field.
- Work as a Software Engineer in a high performing research and development team.
- Work on an agile team with other developers completing projects.
- Work closely with Cognitive Scientists and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that we are on track for project requirements and be flexible in case those requirements change.
- You will also be able to help test and merge in other teammates’ projects, as well as give ideas/ input to improve our system.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the team. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Be a U.S. citizen. NO non-U.S. citizens will be considered.
- Ability to obtain a DoD clearance
- Please include a Cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a good candidate for this position and your Curriculum Vitae (if applicable)
- Experience in concept of Text to Speech or vice versa
- Experience Integrating conversational AI solutions into existing platform API’s
- Experience with developing dialogue interpreters for conversational patterns
- Experience modeling fatigue and sustained attention
- Experience or familiarity with computational/mathematical/theoretical models of biological/neurological processes as they pertain to cognition.
- Have knowledge of various domain areas (e.g., air, cyber, space, etc.).
- Experience working and developing in research environments.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.