Software Engineer ( R-00058323 )
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is seeking an Software Engineer in the St. Petersburg, FL area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business. Join our multidisciplinary and expert engineering team for an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection!
The Senior Staff Engineer uses knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented C++ development to perform job functions. Individual will be responsible for developing applications for our Linux and Windows systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code using good OOP/OOAD techniques for our windows and linux systems
- Conceives, plans, and conducts research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity. Collaborates in preliminary and advanced design studies and prepares technical portion of proposals.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Plans and leads the overall approach to be used to accomplish design requirements, maintaining a systems viewpoint from conception of product through the entire SDLC.
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to problems including:
- Maintain code quality, revision control and organization
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required. Travel may domestic and international.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior directly relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior directly relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
- Good understanding of memory management and processors with regard to development.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong understanding of requirements management
- Strong understanding of software testing, and creation of test plans and procedures.
- Knowledge of multi-threading in C++ applications
- Ability to debug defects, including system troubleshooting
- Understanding of fundamental features of Object Oriented Architecture, Design and Programming.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced degree, desired
- languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers, and algorithms
- Proficient understanding of code revision tools
- Familiar with Agile, CI/CD, Git, Gitlab, Microsoft coding tools
- Familiarity with distributed systems and network architecture
- Understanding of requirements management
- Understanding of software testing, and creation of test plans and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems
Our St. Pete office is a fast-paced and collaborative environment, only a stone’s throw away from white sand beaches ranked #1 in US and Top 5 worldwide by TripAdvisor! We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, flexible work arrangements, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
#SDASWExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software EngineeringPay Range: