Software Engineer ( R-00060718 )
Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer in our Orlando, Florida location. The successful candidate will be part of a high performing, agile software team and must be able to work well in a distributed team as well as working directly on simulation system hardware when necessary. Individual will engage cross functionally with systems engineers, hardware engineers, logistics engineers, and systems integration and test personnel to build simulation driving trainers. This is an opportunity to work as part of our Virtual Simulation Programs on a variety of challenging projects.
Work in a fast paced software development environment to meet schedule milestones within an Agile development environment. Participate in the full software development lifecycle. Writes software code across an open service architecture. Work with Systems Engineers to assure the software meets requirements. Assist in developing test routines and data. Test all codes personally produced, and assists in the testing of the total program, documenting, in standardized terminology, all procedures used.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical discipline, plus 4-8 years experience.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a Scrum team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering field, working without supervision but as part of coordinated team effort.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the development of software technical documentation
- C++ and Java programming competence
- Working knowledge of Git, Bitbucket, and Jira for software development activities
- Common Driver Trainer (CDT)
- XML and XML Schema
- SSL and PKI
- HTML and CSS