Software Engineer ( R-00062050 )
CATALYST provides services to build prototypes of new AWS cloud-based technical capabilities, and bring those capabilities through the full software development lifecycle including agile development, system test, and transition to operations (SecDevOps). This includes all services required to support application development, systems engineering, cloud services, COTS integration, and ongoing operations and maintenance. The successful candidate will divide their time between 2 focus areas: (1) supporting the ongoing operations and maintenance of developed and released AWS-based applications, and supporting new AWS development efforts as time allows, and (2) performing the administrative and support functions for, and ongoing enhancement of, a server-based Tableau visualization dashboard.
Working independently, perform O&M for production AWS applications; monitor operations and take appropriate action as scheduled and in response to service interruptions; appropriately handle operational issues with production AWS applications to restore service or escalate to senior team members
Work with the software development team on the development and testing of new AWS features/capabilities as time allows
Perform administrative and support functions for the Tableau dashboard; manage users, condition data, and refine existing visualizations
Work with the software development team and the Customer to expand the available data set for data analytics; develop new Tableau visualizations in response to evolving/expanding Customer requirements
Interact frequently and effectively with team members, management and Customers
Adapt to changing work requirements with multiple tasks and priorities; be flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 12 years relevant experience (Work experience can be used/combined with education)Required Skills
- ACTIVE clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
- Application development using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 6 years of relevant experience (or 8 years’ experience with no degree).
- Web scraping techniques and applications
- Robotic process automation (RPA) or bot development
- Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with a diverse group across dispersed locations.
- Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
- Experience working with AI and ML
- AWS Services
- AWS Console access
- Serverless computing similar to AWS Lambda
- NoSQL services/products similar to DynamoDB
- CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy
- Application Development
- Python, Java, or NodeJS
- RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Grape, Rails, or Sinatra (Ruby)
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS), preferably CSS3
- XML, XML schema definition (XSD) / document type definition (DTD)
- Container services/products similar to Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ECS for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), OpenShift
- Queuing services/products similar to Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, Java Message Service (JMS)
- Able to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Documents code and shares lessons learned through mediums such as Confluence, team wiki, SharePoint, and MS Teams.