SOFTWARE ENGINEER ( R-00062530 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Entry Level Software Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Software Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build strong systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and Agile experience to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Participate in software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Participate in software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Participate in developing prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins
- Participate in systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with common Agile practices
- Basic knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Candidate must have BS degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Requires BS degree and 2 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
- Linux OS scripting (Bash)
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (Oracle DB, MySQL, CouchDB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Mobile development
- Local to DC/Maryland/Virginia
GxNEXTExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software EngineeringPay Range: