Software Engineer II (100891)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Day to Date Support (10%)
- Policies, Procedures and Standards (5%)
- Technical Requirements and Design (40%)
- Training (10%)
- Project Requirements (35%)
- Over 5 years of experience designing and building web-based applications with Microsoft ASP.NET MVC (C#)
- Strong SQL skills, exposure to Database design and development in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Active participation in design and implementation of projects featuring a high degree of technical complexity and/or scalability and performance implications.
- Experience using Git/Github
- Unit/Integration/Functional testing (libraries such as MSTest, NUnit, Selenium, Moq)
- Experience with .NET Core 2+, and worked on migration from .Net framework to .Net Core will be a plus
- Container architecture, Docker universal packaging, container orchestration a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- CI/CD with TeamCity and/or AWS CodePipeline a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience
- 5+ years of software development experience in an application development environment through Internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Excellent decision-making ability, balancing what is right with what is realistic
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Possess a high energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and an ability to work well under pressure
- Possess a curiosity and a passion towards engaging the imagination of line of business leaders in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of change
- Demonstrated ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various lines of business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for a wide variety of audiences including proven ability to deliver conference presentations
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while simultaneously maintaining the "big picture" view
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.