Software Engineer ( R-00066736 )
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking an Intermediate Software Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position will support a 50% telework friendly, flexible schedule!
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline.
- 2+ years functional experience conducting functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems.
- At least one year software engineering experience on Army tactical systems.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain a Top Secret if required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working and managing a matrixed teams.
- Experience in Visual C++, with knowledge of C#.
- Advanced Degree with concentration in Information Security or Cyber Security preferred.
- Top Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
- Familiarity with or experience implementing and using the Engineering Edge Quality Management System.
- Have familiarity with sensor systems.
- Have familiarity with Radar Algorithms.