Software Engineer ( R-00069275 )
Leidos is seeking a software engineer to join a diverse team working on unmanned and autonomous ships. This engineer will be joining an existing team which has already successfully delivered for our customers. The successful candidate will focus on collaborating with the team to develop reliable software to accomplish customer missions, providing honest feedback to management on program capabilities, and continuously improving development processes. As an experienced developer, the engineer will coach and mentor other staff of various experience levels and lead individual efforts within a larger program.
The work done on this project will be demonstrated in the real world. Some periodic travel may be required as part of attending meetings and assisting with testing our unmanned vessels. Our team develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
- Develop reliable software in a team setting
- Mentor and guide other developers in cross-functional scrum teams
- Work with customers and systems engineers to design solutions
- Contribute to proposals and strategy planning sessions
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and own working with the team to make them happen
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience collaborating with teammates in an Agile environment
- Proficient with C, C++, or Java in a Linux environment
- Experience with Python, bash, or other scripting languages
- Professional communications and presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain DoD SECRET security clearance- US Citizenship required
- Experience with unmanned systems
- Experience with databases technologies
- Experience debugging and designing network applications
Experience with DevSecOpsPay Range: