Software Engineer ( 574474-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Innovation Center and 5G Lab teams operate within an robust ecosystem driving the evolution of Verizon capabilities including 5G, edge computing, AR, VR, XR, IoT, robotics and beyond. You will have hands on access to Verizon and partner technology and serve a key role in supporting proof of concepts and demonstrations of various use cases.
- Identifying and onboarding technology demonstrations and proof of concepts which highlight the power of Verizon and partner enabling technologies.
- Supporting the exploration of new 5G and edge compute use cases with internal and external partners.
- Delivering technology demonstrations (5G, edge compute, AR, VR, IoT, AI/ML, etc) to enterprise customers and visiting groups.
- Participating in technology workshops with enterprise customers and technology partners.
- Building, enhancing and managing the technology infrastructure within the Center in collaboration with other team members.
- Providing industry specific insights to product and technology development teams based on Innovation Center engagements.
- Engaging with the local and regional technology ecosystem to identify future Verizon partners.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Hands on experience with a range of key foundational technologies such as networking (wired and wireless), cloud/edge computing, IoT and AR/VR.
- Experience with technical issues that may be associated with building proof of concepts or onboarding/troubleshooting technology demonstrations.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate good judgment in time sensitive or pressure situations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to continuously learn and a natural curiosity for technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).