Software Engineer (All Levels) ( R-00046149 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
* Hold Baggage
* Ports & Borders
* General Automation
We are looking for software engineers at all levels to work with us in developing system software for our aviation security scanners. Working as a member of our multidisciplinary engineering team, and utilizing formal process, our ideal candidate would follow a formal process of delivering software against actionable requirements and schedules. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Primary Job Duties:
- Design, develop, build, test and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Conduct research, code review, and design reviews
- Develop and present test plans, release notes and procedures.
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization.
- Analyze customer issues, trouble shoot and implement solutions.
- Conduct hands-on system level testing.
- Involve in the full software lifecycle that includes requirements, design, develop, test, release, support and maintain.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of fundamental features of Object Oriented Architecture, Design and Programming.
- Proficiency in multi-thread C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Proficiency in socket programing.
- Good working knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL and plus).
- Good understanding of memory management, multicore processors, and distributed systems design.
- Experience with QT or other GUI frame work highly desirable
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions in PLC systems.
- Working knowledge of network communication protocols (EthernetIP, Profinet, Profibus)
- Working knowledge of Networking and Switch programming (Dlink and Cisco)
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and NIST CyberFrameWork 800 specifications and controls
- Languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc.
Occasional travel to customer sites as required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Pay Range: