Software System Integration Engineer ( R-00060308 )
Leidos is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Software System Integration Engineer to join the Engineering, Implementation, Science, Operations, and Communications (EISOC) program to support the NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory team in Pasadena, CA on groundbreaking space missions. Jet Propulsion Laboratory uses EISOC to develop new space systems and flight software, and provide engineering, training, and operations support.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working as an Integration and Test Engineer in a DevOps environment.
- Document procedures for integration, installation and usage.
- Perform deployment of software, smoke checks and document issues on target.
- Capture daily logs of activities.
- Provide support to task leads and systems engineers and developers planning and meeting milestones.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with team mates on integration and test activities, using their proficiency in software development to augment team’s effectiveness.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science OR other related discipline will be considered/accepted with a minimum of 10 years of experience leading small teams to develop software solutions.
- This position requires a U.S. Citizen individual upfront per contract requirement, who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 5-10 years of working in software development, user desktop support, and front-line support on mid to large sized projects.
- Strong experience with Linux, Windows, Networking and Virtualization.
- Knowledge and experience with software Verification & Validation.
- Experience with Containers and Cloud solutions. AWS and its Application Programming Interfaces are preferred but other cloud experience may also be considered.
- Well versed in source control apps and agile workflows such as GITHUB and JIRA.
- Current DoD 8570 Tier II technical certifications.
- Experience with Virtual Machine, Linux OS, and interfacing with databases such as MySQL, python and Systems Test and Operation Language, cloud computing (AWS), and JAVA.
- Knowledge and experience with DOORs.
- Proven ability to script to automate certain test and integration using Linux platforms to dep.
- Must have Active TS/SCI security clearance upfront.
- Jenkins and/or Bamboo experience.
- Experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving software/hardware infrastructure.
- Ability to serve multiple customers both on site and remotely.
- Additional IT certifications desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with co-workers and customers.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range: