Software Engineer - Entry Level ( R-00069582 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
The Security Detection & Automation Operation team are looking for entry level Software Engineers to work with Leidos in developing system software for our aviation security business. Working as a member of our multidisciplinary engineering team, our ideal candidates would follow a formal process of delivering software against requirements and schedules. In this role you will perform meaningful work from day one. We will challenge you to take on high-impact projects, expand your technical skills and exceed your own expectations.
As part of software engineering will support the development, production, and testing of current and future system designs.
Your scope of work will be a combination of systems and software projects depending on team requirements, challenging you to come up with creative solutions to affect rigorous quality and performance targets.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Proficiency in one or more of the following developer skills: Python, Java, C/C++, SQL or other common industry languages
- Familiarity with database concepts such as MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts and ability to write well-organized code
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Eagerness to collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams while able to work independently; detail-oriented and execution focused
- Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- US Citizenship Requirement
- Candidate must be able to obtain an clearance.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.