M2M Principal Software Engineer ( 583413-1Q )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Global Learning & Development Technology team is seeking a full-time full-stack web/application programmer with 5 or more years of technical experience, to work on highly responsive and data-driven web applications. The ideal candidate will be passionate about writing code, unafraid of solving big problems, able to mentor junior/peer developers, risk-tolerant, and willing to think divergently.
In this self-directed Full-Stack Software/Application Engineer role, you will use your expertise to develop strategies for various responsive web-based learning applications. This role interfaces with a virtual team, therefore you will need to work independently as well as collaboratively to build and maintain applications. As a leader on this team, you will act as a guide providing feedback to junior/peer developers, designing, creating, and maintaining components of web applications.
- Build reliable web-based applications at scale.
- Provide expert level proficiency and full-stack web development experience on the following tech stack: Angular, NodeJS, SQL, HTML/CSS, PHP, and web services utilizing JSON and RESTful patterns,Preferred: React, VueJS, Java.
- Design and develop API management using Apigee, Micro services or similar tools, traffic monitoring, platform security and user access.
- Analyze, design, and develop enterprise integrated solutions across multiple applications between PLM (product lifecycle management) systems with enterprise and vendor managed applications.
- Review project approach framework and designs as well as estimate development LOEs with product & development team, IT staff, and business stakeholders, analyze the feasibility of the approach, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Work with product manager to assist and drive the “best in class”, intuitive, engaging, and simple web applications within a SCRUM/AGILE, project environment.
- Create, maintain and make use of reusable interface components.
- Communicate project progress, status, risks, issues etc. to all stakeholder levels as warranted.
- Manage and mentor junior developers and peers to deliver business expectations.
- Ensure the quality of the project meets security compliance, quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) guidelines.
- Analyze, design, implement and validate software designs and integration workflows while also collaborating with other engineers to develop best practices and software development strategies for existing and new applications.
**This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.**
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Angular or NodeJS/Node.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; can convey ideas in a logical order and professional manner.
- Experience withSQL, HTML/CSS.
- Experience mentoring developers.
- Web services utilizing JSON and RESTful patterns.
- Experience with React, VueJS, Java, Springboot, and Splunk.
- Experience with PHP and Laravel framework.
- Experience using open source libraries and package managers.
- Familiarity with industry-leading UI design tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, and/or Axure.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile development environment.
- Strong knowledge of the concepts of user-centered design including personas, scenarios, journey maps, interpreting user stories and use cases to deliver usable solutions that meet users in their moment of need.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-directed/motivated, and can follow through with all tasks to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual work environment within a diverse team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).