Principal Software Engineer ( 584356-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be solving technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart and passionate team members. You’ll drive innovation, profitability, revenue, and business growth opportunities by applying advanced software development design and implementation skills to support the generation of insights, metrics, analytics, and self-service business intelligence across Visible. You will be detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and collaboratively with members across the organization.
- Design and develop software solutions in Java / Scala or any other high level programming language to enable self-service automation for Visible care agents and ultimately Visible members.
- Lead all phases of the software development lifecycle from design and development to deployment.
- Design and develop the back-end components for automation. Data to KPIs.
- Design, implement and optimize platform services and systems
- Lead the front-end development with other members of the staff and vendors.
- Envision, develop and deliver creative solutions, tackle new challenges both as an individual contributor and as a leader of an Agile scrum team.
- Analyze, design, implement and validate software designs and integration workflows.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and bringing these new technologies to the team and creating innovative solutions.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability.
- Leveraging expertise in Cloud Native, distributed systems, and automation.
- Effectively prioritize work and lead/coach best practices in others.
- Design a solution at scale that is able to support a scenario where we’re mass communicating with our customers and that we can serve to the Web and to the Visible App.
- Design and develop back-end components for real-time and near RT insight delivery.
- Working as part of our team driving, designing, creating and maintaining these components of our Backend Systems.
- Lead data investigations and data automation efforts
- Defining and implementing our data platform for our millions of users with your knowledge of the latest development tools and methodologies.
- Identifying technology trends and platforms and collaborating with other team members to make recommendations based on the company’s needs.
In this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person trainings and meetings.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field.
- Experience programming with Core Java, JEE, Rest, Sprint, Hibernate/eclipse link, JDBC, Microservices, Docker/ Kubernetes, Springboot.
- Experience with Python/Django, Django Rest Framework, REST, Cloud deployment.
- Knowledge of Cloud, Data Integration.
- Experience with coding and design skills in Java and related technologies.
- Experience building cloud services.
- Knowledge with Java open-source and API standard.
- Knowledge with the Agile process.
- Experience in the Data connectivity and Data access domain would be an added advantage.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies, continuous integration, test-driven development and GIT version control.
- Knowledge of microservices and Google Kubernetes Engine
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team
- Experience developing scalable solutions.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).