Senior Software Engineer ( 585914-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Verizon New Business Incubation (NBI) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us develop and deliver cutting edge automation technologies to our customers via our industry leading 5G network. You will have an intimate understanding of SaaS solutions, platforms, services, and applications that drive efficiency, scalability, reliability, and security. You should have the ability to drive alignment across a diverse array of perspectives, and find your joy in both solving exceptionally difficult problems, writing code and mentoring the next generation of software engineers. We are looking for a technical innovator with strong engineering instincts and a collaborative, empathetic approach to their craft.
- Invent novel approaches and figure out what to do when ready-made processes or techniques are inadequate.
- Find patterns between disparate, seemingly unrelated sources anticipating innovative ways to build and position new business ideas.
- Adeptly layer together experimentation with other research, testing, and metrics to reveal strengths and flaws in the current strategy and devise a clear path forward.
- Serve as a technical leader and hands on builder of our new product initiatives.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Effectively research and benchmark technology against other competing systems in the industry.
- Contribute intellectual property through patents.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues.
****This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager****
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of software engineering experience, including Java and/or related languages.
- Four or more years of experience designing, building, and shipping large-scale distributed software services and solutions (caching, messaging, asynchronicity, ETL, etc.)
- Experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, inter-process communication, and complex software development.
- Software polyglot experience.
- Experience with functional programming paradigms.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Experience with AI, ML, and CV technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Experience designing, building and managing Internet-scale APIs.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with edge computing paradigms.
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team.
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, iterative environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).