Software Engineer ( R-00072612 )
Leidos is seeking a talented Software Engineer to support the Leidos Airborne Solutions Operation in building a solution to define, test and deliver a hardware/software platform in support of our Leidos Special Mission Aircraft and future aircraft development. The type of work to be performed includes software development, integration with legacy C2 applications, development of tools and methodologies position Leidos as a product supplier, utilization of cloud based services and implementations. This work can be done in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD or by telecommuting / remote work (with some travel).
- Software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Determine hardware compatibility.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Familiarity with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Warfare (EW) capabilities.
- Embedded system design and development
- Army and Air Force DoD familiarity
- Experience with SOAP and REST based interfaces
- Evaluation of hardware and software standards and implementations to determine limitations that could impact HW/SW convergence, and proposals to reduce those limitations.
- Integration of GOTS SW into multi-functional RF systems.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Open Architecture, open system design, C, C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of MORA, MOSA, Victory, SOSA, FACE, OMS, CMOSS and Military communications (Link 16, VMF, USMTF, ASCA, Stanag standards, JCIDS 4.2)
- Design and development of software in a microservice architecture
- Experience with container implementation and virtualization
- Understanding of Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Cloud and automation
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00