Junior Embedded Software Engineer ( R-00075247 )
The US Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) performs space payload systems research and development (R&D) to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex customer needs.
Leidos is seeking a Jr Software Engineer to support the LInC space payload development laboratories supporting a variety of programs. The candidate will work on the development of embedded software and firmware on satellite payloads, remote ground sensors, and other platforms. Primary job location shall be Leidos’ facility at Campus Point in San Diego, CA.
- Work with the engineering team to develop flight software for satellite payloads. Processing architectures include GPUs, CPUs, FPGAs, SoC, and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Work with the engineering team to integrate and test payload systems using actual space hardware, including camera drive electronics, FPGA processing boards, power systems, DSP boards, PCI & VPX busses, stepper motor controllers, health and status circuits, cryocoolers, and spacecraft data interfaces
- Develop special test equipment to control payloads during ground test and to automate test processes.
- Support testing, characterization, and analysis of electro-optical systems
- Collaborate with signal processing experts, software leads, and FPGA designers
- Produce reports, presentations, and participate in working groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Software or Computer Engineering with 0-1 year of experience
- Ability to code in C, C++,
- Ability to model system performance using Matlab or similar toolset.
- Proficient with Java, C, C++.
- Experience with hard real-time operating systems such as Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, etc.
- Ability to use basic lab tools such as scopes and logic analyzers required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET clearance.
- Eagerness to learn and a collaborative attitude.
- Experience implementing interfaces such as Ethernet, Spacewire, GigE Vision, and CameraLink
- Demonstrated experience working in small engineering teams
- Experience with adaptive signal processing
- Master’s level engineering degreePay Range: