Field Engineering Tech
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is seeking Field Engineering Technicians to provide field inspections of utility poles throughout the West Virginia area.
**This position is remote, but the candidate must live in the West Virginia / Pittsburgh / Colombus area**
The successful candidate will travel around the West Virginia area to collect data, field measurements, and photos of utility poles. These poles have maintenance concerns in which our field engineers will document and collect the necessary data for Leidos designers to design their solutions and fixes. Technicians are expected to meet the goals / expectations set on a weekly basis by their boss and communicate their status / progress effectively.
Field Engineering Tech Qualifications:
- High School diploma with 1 year of relevant experience
- The ideal candidate has prior experience doing field work and distribution component identification.
- Candidates must be able to work in both team and independent environments and to organize work to meet deadlines
- Must be local to the area. Will be working remotely, out of your home, and will be reimbursed for mileage
- Knowledge of NESC Standards and Client Standards preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to perform both field and office work.
- Overnight travel may be required (10-20% travel)
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
- Ability to utilize personal vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed), cell phone and 8MP camera
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms. Leidos is hiring an Engineering Tech in multiple locations. This Engineering Tech will perform field inspections, develop project design drawings, material lists, and cost estimates for electrical power delivery ranging from 4.8kV to 14.4kV.
PDSDLINEPay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.