Software Engineering Lead - Java Full Stack, Gurgaon, HR
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with Lead Software Engineer, data analysts, product managers, software engineers and other stakeholders to understand business needs and develop, maintain, and optimize enterprise-scale software products which will be used to create data pipelines primarily in Azure cloud. You will partner with Optum Technology teams to drive best practices and set standards for engineering patterns and optimization. You are a key influencer in software engineering strategy and platforms.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have business impact, dive deep into building large scale enterprise software products, working closely with cross functional team.
- Develop a robust understanding of customer needs and can leverage that knowledge to propose and engineer solutions to meet the requirements
- Build and engineer software solutions to drive Digital Transformation and Automation
- Design first approach in driving customer excellence; responsible for architectural approach to data and software patterns
- Design, build, optimize, and manage modern software solutions to create and manage large-scale data pipelines ETL processing to support data integration for analytics and large-scale business processing.
- Influence team members through code reviews, design sessions, and mentorship
- Leave code better than you found it
- Identify ways to improve reliability, integrity, system efficiency and quality of the software products.
- Participate in architectural evolution of software engineering patterns, frameworks, systems, and platforms including defining best practices and standards for managing shared components and integration
- Mentor other software engineers and provide significant technical direction by teaching other engineers on how to leverage cloud data platforms
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in building and managing large scale software engineering solutions
- 3+ years of experience working with NodeJs/Python/.Netcore/Java, Azure data pipelines/AWS EMR, Apache spark
- 1+ years of experience in designing and architecting enterprise scale software solutions. 1+ years of experience in designing and architecting enterprise scale software solutions
- Experience with building software solutions in one or more the following cloud service providers - Azure or AWS
- Knowledge of CI/CD Pipeline concepts using Git, Jenkins/Azure DevOps, Artifactory
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale software development projects
- Experience developing software for building data pipelines or ETL solutions
- DevOps Experience
- Experience with cloud providers, preferably Azure
- Experience with testing, automation principles
- Experience with batch processing and/or event/message hubs
- Experience working with large size data sets using Big Data Frameworks (i.e., Hadoop/EMR/Databricks/Spark/Hive etc.)
- Knowledge of data architecture principles (e.g., Data Lake, Databricks Delta Lake, Data Warehousing, etc.)
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques including slowly changing dimensions, aggregation, partitioning and indexing strategies
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and performance tune large scale enterprise systems
- Excellent collaborator with experience working effectively with cross-functional teams such as leadership, product management and engineering, with a willingness to inspire other data engineers, data scientists and analysts
- Solid communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)