Sr Software Engineering Lead (PHP)
DocASAP, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a high-performing startup that is optimizing the health care industry by transforming 1.1 million providers into one streamlined system that reduces wait times for patients so they can get access to care when they need it. DocASAP is a patient access platform that matches the patient with the right provider, at the right time and right setting.
As part of Optum, the Engineering team plays a key role in defining and growing DocASAP's intelligent, market leading platform. You will play a significant part in supporting the transformation and scalability of our platform to meet the market needs. You will be supporting and driving the DocASAP SaaS capabilities, responsible for building and managing our APIs.
Challenge yourself by shaping what health care looks like while doing your life’s best work
What You Will Do:
- Work as a part of our core engineering team to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and security
- Work closely with the product team to ensure all customer needs are met
- Design and build upcoming new features
- Support and extend existing features
What You Need:
- 7+ years of experience working in software engineering organizations
- Expertise in Laravel/PHP framework. Secondary skills in Java/Python.
- An excellent knowledge of key design and architecture principles, domain-driven design, CI/CD, AWS, DevOps and Agile delivery methods
- Familiarity with distributed architecture, Microservices, event-driven architecture, Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Excellent communication skills to share your vision with engineering and leadership team
- You should be curious, autonomous and motivated to explore, learn new/legacy technologies as the tasks/role demands
- Good communication skills
Optum, a UnitedHealth group company is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to help make the health system work better for everyone. Optum combines technology, data and expertise to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. We are the fastest growing part of the global UnitedHealth Group family of businesses – a Global Fortune 16 company and Fortune 7 company (U.S.)
Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.