What you’ll be doing…
Our innovative solutions are constantly pushing the boundaries to impact the way people live, work, and play. You’ll use your excitement for technology and your telecom know-how to design outside plant network to our customers’ premises. You’ll meet challenges with solutions! We don’t wait for the future. We build it.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing outside plant methods and procedures, along with current and evolving technologies (FTTP, digital loop carrier, broadband, etc.) to prepare designs.
- Interfacing with other organizations and utilizing multiple databases to facilitate an accurate design.
- Proactively identifying incorrect or unsafe conditions and designing proper corrective plant configurations.
- Negotiating, coordinating and communicating outside plant engineering matters including permit applications and rights of way with appropriate stakeholders.
- Using planning documents, field notes and multiple databases to analyze data and prepared estimates, work order, or other projects.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
What we’re looking for…
You know telecommunications technology and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work on America’s fastest and most reliable network. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You know that the whole team needs to work together to win—and you take pride in a job well done.
Even better if you have:
- A related Associate Degree or 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Computer-assisted drafting tools experience.
Required Skills & ExperienceCAD
Desired Skills & ExperienceConstruction Splicing Install Maint - Fiber Opt Cabl
ESM - display message
Engineering Selection Module
Engineering Assistant SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.