Systems Administrator ( R-00088983 )
Leidos has an opportunity for a mid-level System Administrator with a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. This is a challenging opportunity for an intelligence IT professional to join a high performance team developing and administering leading edge software systems. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA. Remote work is not available for this position.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Provides Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Configure operating systems.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires applicable Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum 2 year of experience with systems administration, including Linux or CentOS Must be a US Citizen; Ability to work in a team environment Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action Experience maintaining applications built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Experience with Keytool and OpenSSL
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java & Oracle applications XML Proficiency DoD 8570 Compliant holding current IAT level II baseline certification (Security+ CE, GICSP, SSCP, etc.) Experience maintaining systems in cloud environments Experience working with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- Must have an active security+ certification
- Clearance: Active DOD TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
- Preferred Qualifications
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.