Leidos is looking for a strong systems administrator to become part of our team at the Washington Navy Yards location.
This Systems Administrator/Engineer will work as part of a team responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining systems hardware and software and related infrastructures. The individual will work closely with the Information Assurance team to ensure that all systems are compliant with DISA standards. The individual in this position will work as part of a team to evaluate and recommend new technologies and to enhance current capabilities of established networked systems. .
- Set up and administer accounts as well as maintain system documentation
- Work as part of a team responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining systems hardware and software and related infrastructures.
- Work as part of a team to evaluate and recommend new technologies and to enhance current capabilities of established networked systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Perform System Administrator duties on the current networks. Provide system requirements development, Plan, design, and evaluate various components of a networked system.
- Will be responsible for setting up and maintaining multiple computers systems.
- Provide technical analyses of network challenges and problems and be able to develop/implement technical solutions
- Works with development team with enhancements to the systems.
- Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
- Work closely with the Information Assurance team to ensure that all systems are compliant with DISA standards.
- Install system wide software and implement critical system patches
- Administers and/or oversees systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs.
- Coordinate installation and development of strategy, design and implementation.
- Maintaining system documentation
- Perform diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Tuning system performance
- Participate in the creation of the overall management plan
- Installing system wide software
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to more junior personnel.External Referral Eligible
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of prior experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret
- Current Security+ or CISSP certification and current Server+ or equivalent certification and operating system certification or training.
- Possess network certifications and training required for Information Assurance Workforce improvement Program (DoD 8570.01M) compliance at the IAT-II level.
- Familiar with Windows (Linux environments a plus).
- Comfortable working at a customer site in a lab environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and strong communication skills.
- VMware virtualization of desktops, applications and servers experience ,
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.