Systems Administrator ( R-00091016 )
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Administrator in the Ft. Meade area, MD.
Leidos is a 10-year incumbent prime contractor on a large multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems, and is pursuing a follow-on effort as a preferred subcontractor. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We will continue to provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Linux System Administrator will provide administration and operational support for complex mission systems and analytic networks. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills, and the ability to integrate into an existing technical team. To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be comfortable working with Linux and Windows, and must have some familiarity with SSPs.
Provide system administration/engineering for RedHat mission systems and analytic networks. This will include but is not limited to:
- Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Providing Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Managing the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Providing assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Providing Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Providing support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Providing support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimizing system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Reviewing and maintaining SSPs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- System administration experience with RedHat/CentOS 5, 6, 7 and Windows Server 2003, 2008.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.