Senior Systems Administrator
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for a number of US federal and international agencies, including the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program. The HOB program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it many important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability. The Systems Administrator will play a critical role in both the sustainment of the current environment and its migration to the Cloud. The selected candidate will be part of a matrixed team environment, and will be required to actively and effectively manage internal and customer-facing relationships. In addition, the individual will engineer and design subsystems using customized scripting appropriate to the monitoring tool being used, and document operational steps and practices necessary to perform the assigned administrative duties.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Perform discovery and requirements analysis for new system features, analysis of current system capabilities and limitations and design/engineer/integrate new system capabilities to meet requirements
- Provide SME level support on application performance, desktop performance, and application availability and desktop availability monitoring and reporting
- Document and test customizations
- Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
- Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Use monitoring diagnostic tools to analyze the root cause of performance issues
- Support the staff in the UK in providing information and documentation on the use of monitoring diagnostic tools to pinpoint production issues
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis based on data reported from the monitoring system
- Recommend policies and procedures on actions to take based on the alerts generated
- Develop standards, policies, and procedures around the use of application performance monitoring and availability in the pre-production and production environments, providing all recommendations for approval prior to any implementation or changes
- Participate in tuning and troubleshooting efforts
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be a US Citizen with at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, peers, and customers
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Windows and Unix (Linux) based systems
- Extensive experience in VMware VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with monitoring cloud-based applications and infrastructure, specifically Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS or Azure formal training preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and use of Azure and AWS native monitoring API’s.
- Experience with scripting, ansible and terraform
- Familiarity with the IDENT1 environment
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.