SAP SCM SME
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SAP SCM Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM's offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems. In this role you will be expected to provide expert level business process guidance on Navy ERP’s SAP requirements and design. You will need to utilize your experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP APO to execute demand forecasting and supply planning to drive recommendations for buy-repair plans, disposals, and redistribution of assets from one stock location to another.
Your primary responsibilities include:
• Provide SCM expertise to confirm/develop business requirements definition in support of upgrade.
• Provide configuration, data migration, interface, and functional support as necessary.
• Lead design of SCM interfaces, conversion programs, reports, and enhancements.
• Develop and maintain systems documentation including business process procedures, functional design specifications, process flows, and test cases.
• Support development of training work products and respond to trainer questions.
• Define user authorization requirements.
• Provide help desk support, assisting and resolving end user support problems, resolving CO defects (‘break/fix’), and analyzing proposed improvements or changes to the Navy ERP CO solution and system.
• Prepare/conduct briefings, demos or training sessions as needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Advanced SAP consulting experience with the ability to provide technical expertise in designing, configuring and customizing within SAP SCM supply planning functionality.
• APO experience
• Must have OEM experience with the Reorder Point Time-Adjusted Requirements (REPTAR) planning solution, including an in depth understanding of the internal design of the (REPTAR) planning module to deliver a supply planning solution for Non-Forecastable/Levels Sustainment materials in Navy ERP.
• Possess Subject Matter Expert experience in one or more functional/module area.
• Requires strong organization and communication skills.
• Ability to possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
• Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and postproduction support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as SCM (in a Tier 3 environment).
• Federal government project experience required
• Ability to earn a DoD Secret clearance.
• A bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of expertise. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
• Customer service experience with the ability to provide responsiveness and sound customer handling skills
• DoD project experience
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM