Systems Admin, SCCM - Secret Required
Work Where it Matters
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE), an Akima company, is not just another federal systems support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASE, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ASE provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ASE delivers solutions in maritime IT, systems engineering, and integration across the Department of Defense and stands ready to help improve operational performance at a reasonable and sustainable cost.
As an ASE employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The SCCM/MECM Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the management and maintenance of SCCM/MECM environments, ensuring the security and efficiency of the systems in accordance with DoD policies and directives. The candidate will leverage their expertise in Windows and Linux operating systems to facilitate seamless operations.
- Manage and maintain SCCM/MECM environments.
- Utilize expert-level knowledge of Windows operating systems and intermediate-level knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Administer Windows Domain Controller and Server.
- Facilitate automated enterprise patching.
- Utilize strong understanding of Microsoft SQL 2016/2019.
- Maintain familiarity with SharePoint.
- Identify and apply applicable security requirements (STIGs, IAVAs, and CTOs) to DoD systems.
- Leverage a strong understanding of network and systems architecture, including VDI.
- Work with VMware products such as ESXi, vCenter, virtual machines, and clustering.
- Utilize knowledge of PowerShell scripting, Active Directory Service Management, Group Policy, and automation.
- Manage and review audit logs.
- Support Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS) agents on Windows systems.
- In accordance with (IAW) DoD 8140.03-M, must meet the Intermediate Proficiency Level qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or a related field and at least two years of SCCM/MECM experience; or five years of system administration and at least two years of SCCM/MECM experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of Windows operating systems and intermediate-level knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Windows Domain Controller and Server administration.
- Experience with automated enterprise patching.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL 2016/2019.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASE00669