Systems Administrator ( R-00051384 )
Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Systems Administrator (Microsoft Windows & Red Hat Linux platforms). Work will be performed at the National Maritime Intelligence Center, Suitland, MD.
**This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph. Position also requires on-call periodic after hours support on a rotational schedule.
Provide day-to-day Systems Administration for an on premise multi-domain, Microsoft Windows Client-Server based computing environment. Server-side System Administration would include VMWare hosted Windows 2016 Server based domains utilizing Active Directory, DNS, MS Exchange, SharePoint, MS SQL Server and various application servers. Administration of additional computing infrastructure to include Trusted Computer Solutions (TCS) Trusted Gateway (Trusted Linux RHEL 6), network infrastructure and storage systems will be required. Client-side System Administration would include virtualized Windows 10 workstations utilizing Microsoft Office and ESRI ArcGIS as the primary application base.
The System Administrator would also support new initiatives to migrate processing and data analysis capabilities within a cloud environment. This would include deploying, configuring, and managing server systems in the Cloud-based environment, configuring the Cloud infrastructure in accordance with the Cloud architecture design, creating client-approved machine images for the Cloud environment, and monitoring Cloud performance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing day-to-day System Administration on an on premise Multi-Level Security (MLS) architecture and associated back-end network systems.
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure on premise as well as within a Cloud environment
- Configure and fine tune cloud infrastructure systems
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Installation, configuration and support of the following software systems:
- Trusted Linux (TCS Trusted Gateway)
- RHEL 5/6 Servers
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2019
- SharePoint Portal Server 2019
- VMWare (VSphere) v6.5
- VERITAS Backup Exec
- Windows Server Update Service
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Norton/McAfee Antivirus
- Installation, configuration and support of the following hardware systems:
- HP blade servers & blade management
- Cisco Catalyst management
- NetApp Storage system configuration and management
- A/V system administration & support
- Client-Server networking systems:
- DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP
In addition, the ideal candidate will have knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies, NetApp Filer configurations and disaster recovery best practices. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Cisco IOS and COS along with an understanding of UTP cable installation and termination, multimode fiber installation, network management “best practices” and a demonstrated knowledge of network hardware configuration (switches and routers).
The selected candidate should have a working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements outlined in ICD 503 as well as facility security requirements outlined in DCID 6/9. The selected candidate will provide Information System support to the on-site Security Manager as it relates to Information Assurance. Strong verbal and written communications skills are required as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environment.
Experience with the AWS environment is a plus.
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science and 4+ years of relevant systems administration experience. Additional related work experience in lieu of degree
- Current Security + CE certification and MCSE preferred