Senior Systems Administrator ( R-00042234 )
The Systems Administrator will provide server operations and maintenance (O&M) support for physical and virtual machine based environments.
- Monitor systems, proactively ensure SLA met
- Own scrum process (attend, participate, etc.)
- Work with SRE to develop efficiencies
- Troubleshoot server platform issues and perform other system support asks such as monitoring, log management, tier 2 incident and problem escalation support, performance monitoring, and hardware replacement
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of server platform issues and user questions; work with users to resolve tickets; troubleshoot individually and as part of a team
- Schedule, plan, and implement system upgrades for multiple environments
- Support patch and maintain infrastructure systems to be compliant with security scans
- Work with engineering to improve the supportability of the domains and maintain the application delivery systems
- Configure and maintain the domain certificate infrastructure, print services, and group policies
- Provide direct support to other Server Infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities
- Interpret and implement system standards, process, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams
- Work alongside datacenter personnel to track inventory and support server hardware replacement/recap efforts; data center server support includes occasional driving to sites throughout WMA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of Windows and Linux Systems Administration experience
- Hands-on experience providing Tier 2 support for both Windows and Linux based systems
- Knowledge of and experience with application delivery solutions
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with shell scripting or Python