Senior Systems Administrator ( R-00051442 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission.
This position is a senior member of the Leidos - Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Information Technology & Communications (IT&C) Data Systems team responsible for installing and maintaining an efficient working environment for a complex network of core production servers supporting the USAP mission and objectives. The position may have the opportunity to deploy, on a temporary assignment, to Antarctica as determined by management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, designs, specifies, documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment.
- Researches issues to determine if problem may be resolved using predefined procedures.
- Designs, engineers and implements associated projects.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day System Administration to directly support USAP enterprise network systems.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, upgrade, migration, and system security of a multi-platform environment which includes Linux, Microsoft Windows, and VMWare systems.
- Works with other groups (Engineering, Architecture, Client Services, Vessel IT, Security, etc.) to help establish the standards of system architecture, data communications, and system security; disseminates those standards to USAP for program wide compliance.
- Maintains documentation of software and hardware supported in the USAP environment for server level computing activities and disseminates this to other System Administrators and support staff throughout USAP IT&C.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Responsible for the backup of data, including automatic backup routines, testing data integrity, and offsite storage of media.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Engages in professional development to stay current with the demands of the position.
- Required to provide 24x7 support and share responsibility for on-call rotation as required by manager.
- Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Computer science or related field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- High level of initiative and dedication, and an ability to work independently once given general direction.
- Experience working with virtual environments using VMware or similar.
- Shell scripting experience with bash, python, and power shell.
- Knowledge of Veeam products.
- Experience with PKI.
- Experience with HP Server and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 design and administration.
- Administration of complex Group Policy objects.
- Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams experience.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7/8 server administration.
- Security and patch management experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand with any project.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and IBM Maximo.
- MECM / SCCM administration experience.
- Microsoft 365 / Azure experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 server administration skills.
- Temporary deployment to Antarctica may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.