Systems Administrator ( R-00043129 )
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Systems Administrator in Albany, GA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will Oversee, plan and organize complex operational designs, develop support plans, coordinate implementations, and provide second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operations Develop system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier capabilities.
- Author procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use.
- Lead project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinate project efforts with support groups.
- Create plans that support implementation of changes.
- Participate in system support design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Advise on distributed network computing issues.
- Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and controls.
- Plan and Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
- Coach and train others in the application of new operational support technologies and train subordinates as needed.
- Guide and provide work direction to technical staff.
- Maintains and manages user accounts installs, modifies and maintain systems, and software on server computer and critical infrastructure systems,
- Provide server and critical infrastructure support.
- Analyze user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues.
- Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration documentation.
- Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends
- Recommend appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 5 Years of Experience
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
NGEN-MCENExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Network Administration and OpsPay Range: