Systems Administrator ( R-00052902 )
Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of server, workstations and virtual environments. This is primarily a design and development role, but p to 20% O&M support is expected.
This position will work with network engineers on various technical projects. This is primarily a design migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of server, workstations and virtual environments role, but up to 20% O&M support is expected. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to work in a high-energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
• Design and development of new engineering solutions across multiple systems including virtual environments, server-based solutions, and workstation deployments.
• Document engineering standards, develop, deploy and test client architecture and engineering design solutions.
• Evaluate current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
• Must have familiarity with VMWare ESXi, Vcenter and Horizon products. Must also be familiar with Citrix Xen products and other VDI solutions.
• Ability to perform basic Windows environment troubleshooting for sporadic Customer concerns daily get rid of this
• Independently build and deploy virtual servers, manage shared storage solutions, deploy VDI solutions to new customers and make domain level changes as they pertain to new customer requirements.
• Understand security vulnerabilities and be able to mitigate them as needed on a monthly basis.
• Working knowledge of NetAPP storage area networks (SAN) and the associated technologies for maintaining them
• Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements and solve problems
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Effectively complete individual projects and tasks independently upon training
• Must possess the ability to coordinate concurrent projects
• Conduct a technical site survey in order to assess site expansion needs and implement the optimal technical solution
• Ensure adherence to project procedures and security guidelines when providing remote and site support services to external partners
• May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
• Requires a Bachelor degree and at least 8 years of experience or Master and at least 6 years of experience.
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Must have strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy and must understand WSUS and third party software patching.
• Must have familiarity with patching tools like WSUS, SCCM or PDQ deploy
• Provide training and mentoring to team members
*You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and psychological screening, as a condition of employment*External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: