Systems Administrator ( R-00054867 )
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Senior Systems Administrator in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will coordinate the operational support and implementation activities for Local Area Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) service offerings encompassing heterogeneous platforms. The Sr. Systems Administrator will also assist the government in determining tactical and strategic direction of the organization as it relates to emerging operational support technologies.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Research, analyze, and recommend new operational support technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Coach others on the application of new operational support technologies. Review distributed computing and network designs to select appropriate operational support strategies and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct system support design and performance evaluation reviews. Identify, develop, and update operational support standards and procedures.
- Participate with corporate strategic planning teams. Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends.
- Recommend price/performance improvement opportunities. Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret
- Specialized experience in the performance and configuration of networks as well as the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification.