Systems Administrator ( R-00059216 )
Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be a member of the Lab Support team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
• Lab Support Engineering/Integration consisting of on-site support to all FAA and Leidos test groups using the WJHTC labs.
• Lab administration support which includes activities such as creating new user/group IDs and providing system functions such as disk management, cross mounts, add/change files systems, backup/restore coordination, network management and release management.
• Assisting with problem debugging, investigating hardware and software problems, as well as implementing corrective action, answering user questions, providing effective lab operations, and assistance to the lab user.
• Installation and customization of the operating system images, which includes the necessary CAS software and applications software for the various process platforms in the lab.
• Lab user support as required that includes assisting users in the lab on a day-to-day basis
• Requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Basic hardware knowledge and ability to troubleshoot/repair basic issues (Adapter swaps, adding memory, etc..)
• Redhat Linux administration skills, and ability to troubleshoot
• IBM AIX administration skills, and ability to troubleshoot
• Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches including stack switches
• IBM Enterprise DS4700 storage knowledge
• NetApp storage knowledge
• Understanding of Ansibile
• Understanding of ESXi virtual systems