Systems Administrator ( R-00061658 )
Leidos is looking for a Domain / Passive Optical Network Systems Administrator to work within the Services Support Team. The successful candidate will work under our IT manager maintaining the health of Thin clients, Servers and network architecture, including Cisco and Juniper fiber switches as well as Passive Optical LAN networks, spanning 4 floors. As part of the hardware support, you will be repairing, upgrading, applying patches, and performing Microsoft Domain Administration. A remedy ticketing systems will be used in prioritizing actions. Other responsibilities include researching the latest technologies and making recommendations on future technology direction to the IT manager as well as tracking of SCIF assets and confirming compliance with customer patching requirements. Expect to have significant interaction with the Leidos end users on a daily basis. Expect hands on hardware, taking down and setting up different user spaces and performing asset destruction processes.
- This individual will be responsible assisting System Administrators in server/router/firewall/PON configuration, account creation, security management, and application performance optimization functions.
- The environment includes Sidewinder Firewall, Web filtering and IDS systems, Microsoft-based servers, databases, and PC workstations as well as HP thin clients, and network connected printers
- Network Connectivity support which includes a local LAN enclave.
- Troubleshooting and repair may include traveling to 3 other different sites to perform work within 6 miles radius when needed.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis. This includes coverage of evenings and weekends on a rotation schedule providing network support issues as some Leidos programs operate 24X7.
- A self-starter, excellent communicator as well as the ability to pay attention to detail. Some work includes many steps and the ability to handle detail is a must.
- Hands-on experience and the ability to use tools to repair PCs and rack equipment required. Creation of simple RAID’s and Windows Server setup, deployment and migrations. Ability to replace hardware components of a computer or server.
- Monitor and maintain health of Uninterruptible Power systems (UPS) located in multiple secure areas.
- Assist with compliance reporting / data generation / compliance with the customers Secure the Enterprise (STE) efforts working closely with the ISSO.
- Working with others to expand / reconfigure fiber infrastructure, which includes working in zone boxes, Data closets, and in the ceiling.
- Keep hardware and software asset lists up to date and accurate.
- Assist Programs with HS phone issues / repair.
- Asset management tracking, labeling and destruction.
- Assist in Procedure documentation creation and updates
- Monitor the Health of an Unclass Cisco Call manager, reset passwords and setup new VM boxes for Tenants.
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- TS/SCI clearance with Poly is required
- Understanding of basics in Microsoft Domain Administration
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to interact effectively with Leidos End users and other System administrators.
- Maintain good Personal Hygiene.
- Must be able to obtain a SYS1 level clearance to perform high side Domain administration.
- Must be willing to learn, administer, maintenance and program of the Motorola / Arris Optical line terminal (OLT) and corresponding desk top optical network terminals (ONT).
- Basic Network understanding with TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with PC and Server hardware and OS maintenance.
- User of Microsoft office Word, Excel, Visio and MS Paint.
- Assist Senior Admin Maintain a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work and delivering results timely and cost effectively.
- Developing and implementing migration plans and coordinating redesign efforts with the system engineering teams
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Providing network administrative for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the Microsoft Windows enterprise network environment
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Working with Cabling Subcontractors to direct cabling projects.
- Must be willing to continue training on Windows domain support administrator as well as Passive Optical LANs that utilize Motorola Tel labs or Zhone OLT / ONT architectures.
- Ability to move up to 60lbs, Racking and stacking servers, moving PC workstations, deploying phones.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
- ITIL Foundation certification
- CCNA Certification.
- Security + TIA Certification.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Facility Infrastructure experience.