Systems Administrator ( R-00066043 )
The Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Group is seeking a System Administrator to perform Tier 1/2/3 IT support. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Washington, D.C. team supports a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. The Washington D.C. Technician is solely responsible for preforming all of these tasks at the Washington, D.C. Office, while calling on reach back support from other N2NOMs System Administrators working out of other locations. This position will report directly to the System Administration Team Lead.
Clearance: An active DOD Secret Clearance and eligibility to obtain Top Secret/SCI is required to qualify for this role.
What will you do in this role?
• Provide subject matter expertise, applies knowledge on IT operating systems and all IT Service requirements associated with the Washington, D.C. Office.
• Provide IT Support to the General Officers/Flag Officers. Able to adjust schedule to support General Officer/Flag Officer visits.
• Coordinate with the System Administrators in Colorado Springs to provide support as the single point of contact in the Washington, D.C. Office
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Establish/enforce KPI metrics, reports and goals that are aligned with the long-term strategic direction to facilitate the overall customer mission
• Provide monitoring and updating current and new systems, supporting critical system patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues
• Act as the System Administrator and have an experience managing Windows Active Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, GPO management, and will provide overall Tier 1/2/3 support
• Work in a hypervisor (VMware, environment supporting both virtual servers and desktops (VDI)
• Configure and maintain virtual networks in a hypervisor environment
• Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG’s)as required
• Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
• Monitor, organize and work collaboratively with Network Operations, Cyber Security and other Team to optimize and collaborate solutions for on premise and cloud solutions
• Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
To qualify you must hold the following qualifications...
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of experience or Masters with 2+ years of experience additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
• Must hold an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Must have CompTIA Security +ce certification at start date
• Must have Server certification i.e. Azure, CompTIA Server+, Nutanix.
• Possess working knowledge of VMware Horizon View, VMware vCenter, VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
• Available for on-call support as required
• Possess experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, GPO’s management, Certificates
• Administration, and Domain Controller Functional services
• Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
It would be great if you had these preferred qualifications...
• Bachelor's degree in associated field
• Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Possess Microsoft 2016 Server MCSA/MCSE
• Current Top Secret clearance