Systems Administrator ( R-00067017 )
Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows System Administrator (SA) to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your gain experience helping multiple contracts and missions. This position will support multiple programs and projects housed at that location. We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The perspective candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The candidate will maintain workstations and servers by deploying monthly patches and Virus Definition updates along with any major changes needing to be made to ensure security standards are being maintained. This role’s goal will be to ensure that technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently to ensure mission success. This role will also assist in policy development and other aspects of information assurance as directed. In addition, the perspective candidate will be part of a remediation team to assist with incident response activities.
- Execute installation, operation, and maintenance of Windows 10 and Server 2012 -2016 networks.
- Supports the Information System Security Manager as directed.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support administration, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Assists with the scheduling, planning, and oversight of system upgrades. Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft applications and basic computer skillsPay Range: