Cloud Systems Administrator ( R-00074776 )
Leidos is hiring a Systems Administrator (SA) ready to be a member of a dynamic and fast paced technical program in Washington, DC. Our program has full lifecycle Agile Software Development and O&M for our cloud and on-prem systems. Our program works to develop and maintain a translation workflow tool to facilitate linguistics for the Intelligence Community.
The successful SA will provide hands on interaction and support for the entire team fulfilling and implementing O&M duties. The on-site SA will coordinate O&M cycles with program leadership to schedule O&M activates for efficient deployment of upgrades and modifications. The position will play a key role in building a new operational environment working through the ATO achievement and into full operations.
- Provide systems administration to three government systems conducting operational duties supporting security, configuration, networking, OS patching and applications deployments
- Works with a cross functional operational team in a cloud based, Windows 2016 OS environment
- Occasional support as Tier 2 and Tier 3 Help Desk support
- The SA will work with a high tempo Operations Team to maintain and deploy the customer system and application to ensure system security, integrity and health
- Will work onsite in DC alongside the customer
- Provide keen insights and recommendations on best practices and implementations from a SA perspective
- Work closely with Security Engineer to meet NIST-800-53 controls and server STIG/Vulnerability compliance
- BS/BA Degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security)
- Strong demonstrated working experience in the AWS cloud and as a systems administrator conducting maintenance on IT Windows Systems.
- Active DoD clearance at the Top Secret level with SCI eligibility and a polygraph within the last 5 years
- 4 or more years of experience performing systems administration and O&M tasks for Windows systems
- Expert technical knowledge of Active Directory Domain Controllers such as: promotion and demotion, OU setup, Group Policy creation and modification, FSMO role transfer, decommissioning, and fault resolution
- Ability to perform start-to-finish VMware ESXi (6.5) server buildouts, updates/maintenance/configuration (vMotion/DRS/HA), manage VMware server environments.
- Cloud networking experience (Route Tables, NACLs, Security Groups, ports/protocols) to facilitate both application functionality and firewall compliance
- Function as technical SME in design, modification, and debugging bare-metal and virtual Windows Servers
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- System hardening experience via GPO, registry, system configuration, and WSUS patch management
- Experience with migration and operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- Knowledge or experience with Risk Management Framework and Authority to Operates (ATO)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability working and engaging the customer almost daily
- AWS GovCloud, SC2S or C2S experience
- Experience with Oracle RDS 12c databases
- Security+ Certification
- Certification as an Amazon Web Services Certified Associate