Principle Engineer Systems Architect ( 599311-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the Forward Supply Chain Planning Systems Support Lead, you will be responsible for production defect management and defect prioritization in which you will perform in depth root cause analysis and assist in determining optimal resolutions partnering with IT and business partners as needed.
- You will provide End User Support
- Responsible in managing quarterly upgrades of SAP IBP Cloud Solutions, develop testing strategies and lead testing efforts as needed
- You will lead the forward planning system projects (both strategic and quick win) for new designs, architecture enhancements and complex code changes.
- Provide support for multiple Forward Supply Chain business units (Wireless, FIOS, Verizon Business Group & Verizon Connect) leveraging SAP IBP, SAP Ariba (SCC), SAP CAR AMR and SAP CAR UDF planning and forecasting platforms
- Responsible in leading Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) in system enhancements for Demand, Supply, Inventory, Replenishment and Collaboration with stakeholders from Global Technology Solutions (GTS), Planning business partners, members of Global Supply Chain operations as well as Strategic Business Innovations.
- Influence and lead the production support teams to successfully support the needs of the business
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience with SAP IBP and supply chain planning process including demand, supply, inventory and replenishment planning
- Experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G Suite
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree
- SAP IBP Planning Certified Associate
- Experience with Cloud-Based Planning Solutions in areas of Forecasting/Demand, Inventory, Supply, and S&OP.
- Experience in SAP ECC, SAP CAR HANA, Ariba SCC, S/4 HANA, and Jira
- Knowledge of HANA Cloud Platform Integration for Data Services (CPI-DS)
- SQL or CAR HANA Studio database knowledge/experience
- Experience in Project Management, Change Management or Lean Six Sigma/process improvement
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.