SME - Computer Systems Engineer / Architect - Linux
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE) supports the Intelligence, DoD, and Science and Research communities with tools, domain knowledge, analyst teams and essential mission staffing services. We continually seek people with the skills, experience and passion to successfully leverage the complete intelligence lifecycle across America’s most critical initiatives. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Perform systems management and integration functions
- Maintain development environments and internal networks, for both a low side and a high side. Monitor availability, deploying sprints, perform problem isolation and resolution, and tuning for performance.
- Perform continual maintenance and provide complex solutions for security, backup and redundancy problems.
- Update system security plans for high and low sides as needed and assist with Authority-to-Operate (ATO) activities.
- Work closely with client and other teams to ensure open and regular communication, both written and oral.
- Develop, implement and maintain schedule for routine maintenance (e.g., patching).
- Develop policies and standards for performing complex builds and everyday tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 & 2019 and Linux to include DNS, DHCP, AD, and server replication methods
- Scripting experience with PowerShell or Ansible
- Requires minimum 12 years of experience performing a combination of systems design, architecture, engineering,
- and security with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Proven experience in deploying and managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux in a highly distributed global enterprise using Red Hat Satellite.
- Degree / Certifications required:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) plus one additional specialized certification relevant to the scope of the PWS
- IAT III Baseline Certification (CISSP/CASP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or 15 years of related experience.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] . The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: ASE00476