Autonomous Systems Solution Architect ( R-00050414-OTHLOC-PL-2D0103 )
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking a motivated, creative, and collaborative individual to join our growing autonomy team. The Autonomous Systems Solution Architect is part of Leidos’ top technical talent that works across the company to bring together the best capabilities Leidos has to offer to develop collaborative autonomy capabilities to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. As a technical leader, the solution architect will work closely with the business area manager and team of subject matter experts to shape opportunities and develop solutions for a wide range of customers such as the armed services, commercial energy, international entities, and advanced research organizations. The perfect individual for this position is able to work with technical experts, business development professionals, program managers, and line leadership to get the job done. A successful applicant has a broad understanding of the technology and customer environments with a passion to do the right thing.
• Works directly with customers and other technical experts in multiple areas or disciplines to develop solutions to develop autonomous systems.
• Works with the business area manager and supporting business development team to develop strategy to grow Leidos in the area of autonomous systems.
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members about in-depth technical matters or strategic solutions.
• May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
• Works closely with other team members and across organizational boundaries to develop new and innovative solutions.
Leading teams of engineers and scientists
Developing and implementing AI-based solutions in a range of technology areas: Perception and situational understanding, planning and decision-making, behavior and action execution, collaboration, and manned-unmanned teaming.
Familiarity of DoD systems and missions.
Ability to communicate effectively about autonomy and AI with a broad range of audiences, from internal leaders to external customers and from sophisticated AI researchers to those with little or no relevant background.
Position requires an active Secret clearance therefore US Citizenship is required to be eligible. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a TS/SCI security clearance.
BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Systems engineering and integration experience highly desired.
Knowledge and understanding of many areas of AI (Machine Learning, Bayesian, fuzzy, Dempster-Shafer, or symbolic reasoning) and related key technical disciplines including: Mobile / embedded / edge-based / cloud / hybrid containerized deployment architectures
Familiarity with sensor systems and/or advanced processing techniques.
Familiarity with relevant open standards in industry and DoD (e.g. JAUS, OMS, FACE)
Familiarity with CPU/GPU/FPGA-based computation
Familiarity with secured data including multi-level classified data