Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00077240 )
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental and Disability Sick Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Sr. Engineer will be supporting our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will support deployed customer processing systems, focusing on system operations, troubleshooting and maintenance. The candidate will also support system integration, upgrade, and deployment activities. The majority of the time is spent on telecommunications signal and software engineering activities. This includes signal processing workflow management , signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations .They should have recent, first-hand experience designing, integrating, and sustaining customer mission systems. They must have recent, first-hand experience supporting customer architecture and component development efforts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a technical field.
- A minimum of 12 years systems engineering experience with SIGINT systems.
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years experience in four (4) of the specializations:
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Telecom Systems and Neworks
- Telephony Switching Systems
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing/Modulation/Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with SIGINT system integration.
- Knowledge of modern telecommunications networks, protocols, and technologies.
- Experience using LINUX-based data processing applications, and an understanding of the LINUX environment (limited scripting, command line arguments, etc.).
- Experience with COTS and GOTS processing tools.
- Some System Administration background is desirable
- An understanding of SDH communications, and IP networking is also preferred.