Senior Systems Engineer (CryptoMod) ( R-00080544 )
Are you looking to make a difference?
Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team supporting Cryptographic Modernization (CryptoMod) initiatives within our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
This project provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio. As a senior member of the Systems Engineering team, you would be responsible for the release requirements, system technical integrity and associated documentation in support of new features and new product releases. In this position you can expect to be working with hands-on applications and system configurations including move, add and change work, preventive maintenance, and performance optimization for Cryptographic hardware and systems.
Additional position responsibilities also include:
• Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio.
• Designing, engineering, and consulting with business stakeholders and vendors on requirements and supporting solutions.
• Define and apply systems engineering processes to perform an analysis of alternatives and to provide suggested solutions that meet customer requirements.
• Gather information on specific missions and service needs and provide inputs to specifications to provide to infrastructure and end cryptographic unit development programs.
• Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by future development and test teams.
• Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
• Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
• Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
Required and/or Preferred Qualifications:
• Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-13 years of system engineering experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Key Management Infrastructure and Cryptographic Product modernization initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
• Demonstrated experience performing complex engineering evaluations (e.g., Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Courses of Action (CoAs), Trade Studies, or Engineering Assessments) and/or developing complex technical correspondence and documents to record results.
• Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
• Understanding complex system development methods.
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with System Architecture development and description concepts including:
o Descriptive framework including DoDAF
o Architecture development and system modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
o Design refinement with workflows and use cases
o Architecture forms including centralized, client-server, distributed, virtualized, and cloud based
• Understanding of Cryptographic Key Management based on EKMS and KMI:
o COMSEC Operations and Accountability
o Transfer, receipt, accounting, inventory, reconciliation, and reporting
o Warehouse operations, receiving, distribution, reporting, and automation
• Detailed knowledge of Networking and Interface technologies including:
o Web services including RESTful and SOAP
o Documentation with IETF/RFCs
• Understanding of Security requirements and implementation including:
o Windows and Unix security architectures
o Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates, revocation checking, cert validation
o Cryptographic mechanisms such as SHA, HMAC, Elliptic Curve, and quantum resistance approaches
o Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
o Security frameworks adhering to STIGs, RMF
• Strong background in Requirements Specification and Management with:
o Requirements specification and control processes
o Requirements traceability from architecture development through Test, Accreditation, and Deployment
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).