PACAF C5ISRO Systems Engineer ( R-00081623 )
Leidos has an opening for a PACAF C5ISRO Systems Engineer at Hickam Air Base, Hawaii. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. The contractor will analyze and develop plans and designs for C5ISR JWICS systems capabilities and develop integration and implementation plans and schedules as well as evaluate and make recommendations concerning Commercial and Government off the Shelf (COTS/GOTS) hardware and software applications. The candidate will monitor the status of projects, prepare milestone reports, and present status reports to program managers and client staff. The chosen individual will provide technical and administrative support for systems installation, testing, administration, maintenance, and programming, as well as provide operation and maintenance support of CI5ISR systems to include system engineering, troubleshooting and repair of existing systems and/or networks. The candidate will provide support to install and upgrade C5ISRO architectures as directed by the government.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Analyzes and develops plans and designs for C4I systems capabilities.
- Develops integration and implementation plans and schedules.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning Commercial and Government off the Shelf (COTS/GOTS) hardware and software applications.
- Monitors status of projects, prepares milestone status reports, and presents status to program managers and client staff.
- Provides technical and administrative support for systems installation, testing, administration, maintenance, and programming.
- Provides operational and maintenance support of C4I systems to include system administration, troubleshooting and repairing of existing systems and/or networks.
- Provides support to install and upgrade C4I architectures as directed by the government
- Coordinate and communicate with PACAF PA-ESC and other Theater wide System Engineers and government managers on going activities and new technical solutions developed for implementation at all sites.
- Have a solid knowledge of network protocols, Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating systems
- Possess state-of-the-art knowledge of World Wide Web, Intelink, and intranet technology, processes, and applications
- Possess current knowledge of DoD Information Security Policies and Programs for COMPUSEC and INFOSEC, multi-level security, and emerging information warfare concepts
- Have an understanding of military operations, organizations, and operational information requirements
- Be familiar with Air Force intelligence systems and joint programs such as GALE and GCCS
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows environment and family of software to include: Server 2003/2007/2012, VMWare, Exchange, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field. Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- More than 8 years’ experience in C4I related activities
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) current certification Required
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- Experience configuring network devices
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II – Security +
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification highly desired
External Referral EligiblePay Range: