Principal Engineer - IAM Systems ( 598146-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The position requires a dynamic, highly motivated, Senior Customer Identity Access Management (CIAM) developer providing Identity Access Management (IAM) architecture and development supporting Verizon external customers implementing leading solutions built on industry standard solutions including web authentication, and mobile application and products using OAuth/OIDC and SAML standards.
This position requires being aware of and evaluating industry application security and identity trends, evaluating industry vendors and internal Verizon products and aligning with business, privacy, legal and security on Verizon’s CIAM technologies ensuring the platform continues to align and grow with the future of industry and Verizon customer needs. The position will define architecture including integration with ForgeRock SDKs; define, configure and implement ForgeRock Access Manager trees, and design and develop customer authentication modules developed using Java technologies. The position will also lead Jr developers composed of employees and contractors, providing development mentorship and code reviews ensuring software adheres to architecture, design and coding standards while ensuring solutions align with Verizon agile release schedules and are implemented on schedule. Solutions will support all Verizon CIAM Digital channels including Verizon and Vendor web portals, Verizon and Verizon Affiliate mobile applications and Vendor integrations including TV streaming services.
Verizon has a significant focus on reducing friction within customer authentication experiences using biometrics and other passwordless solutions; reducing customization in identity technology stacks while moving to Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process with automated CI/CD pipelines supporting on premise and AWS EKS deployments. The architecture and solutions need to provide a consistent customer experience across all authentication entry points, while providing touchless onboarding and integration capabilities aligning Verizon portals, products and services on standard identity framework and solution architecture.
- Leading access Management architecture and technologies with a focus on innovative solutions providing customers passwordless solutions eliminating customer friction, improving performance while reducing platform maintenance while providing customers overall better management of their privacy.
- Ensuringall service level SLAs are documented and met, and coordinate with infrastructure operations on monitoring and implementation procedures.
- Designing, developing and implementing custom authentication modules using Java technologies.
- Conforming to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
- Leading code peer reviews ensuring the code meets business requirements, adheres to Verizon security and code standards; Align with Business, Security and GTS leadership on KPIs and executive reporting.
- Providingexecutive reporting on program status and results ensuring releases align with Verizon’s Agile ACT schedules.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with single sign-on technologies providing authentication and authorization services (Sun Access Management, Oracle OpenSSO, ForgeRock OpenAM).
- Experience with Java Web Services including Spring Secured SOAP and RESTful services, BEA Weblogic Portal Framework/Servers 10.2, Oracle Weblogic Portal Framework/Servers 10.3, UNIX server management, and Oracle 10g.
- Experience in architecting, designing, and building identity solutions using services-oriented systems and web applications in an agile environment.
- Experience utilizing Bootstrap and Spring frameworks.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- BS in computer science or a related field.
- Technical experience with ForgeRock Access Management SDKs, Trees and Chains.
- Technical experience architecting and implementing OAuth/OIDC solutions using ForgeRock OpenAM.
- Technical experience architecting and implementing web policy based authentication solutions (OpenAM, SiteMinder, Oracle Identity Management, Sun Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager, and/or Directory Server and Network Walled Garden).
- Technical experience architecting and implementing real-time-risk solutions using products such as Oracle Online Adaptive Access Management (OAAM) platform.
- Knowledge in requirement Analysis, Development, Planning Test Strategy, Test Automation, Environment Readiness, Deployment, Project tracking and Reporting. Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced in Unit testing, load test and automation tools like JUnit, NUnit, Gatling, Selenium, Watir, Sitespeed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Eclipse and JUnit tools.
- Knowledge of secure coding with OWASP coding practices, Fortify and Blackduck or equivalent security scanning software.
- Oral andwritten communication skills.
- Google drive suite services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead work efforts with offshore and onshore resources across different organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer focus skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).