Systems Support Engineer - Mesa AZ (105952014)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience.
Leveraging expertise, flexible technology and a network of over 67,000 community pharmacies, and the use of our own state-of-the-art specialty and home delivery pharmacies and fulfillment centers, we are driving value to those we serve through our transforming capabilities. We are in the process of launching several new, state of the art Pharmacy Fulfillment Centers across the United States. We are seeking a Systems Support Engineer who will be on a team responsible for the setup, ongoing support, and management of critical automation PCs, servers, and PLCs. The ideal candidate would be based out of our upcoming Mesa, Arizona location and prepared for the occasional need to travel.
- Responsible for the setup, ongoing support, and management of critical automation PCs, servers, and PLCs that run the automated fulfillment pharmacy
- Interfacing and communicating with pharmacy workers and stakeholders to understand the system problems they’re facing and to update them on the statuses of their issues
- Coordinate with internal and external teams for software upgrades, bug fixes, software patching, and implementing new equipment and features
- Work closely with partners teams to coordinate project activities during installs and extended support
- Assist with debugging PLC’s, networking, power systems, I/O devices, etc. on the automation line
- Use data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Work closely with partners teams to coordinate project activities during install and extended support
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s degree or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, IT, or similar (may be waived if candidate has significant related experience)
- 2+ years of experience in technology support, system management, or another technology administration role
- Demonstrated proficiency with problem solving and delivering within time constraints
- Intermediate or better proficiency working with MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint
- Beginner level of proficiency or demonstrated interest in databases, SQL, and data tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience administrating windows systems
- Experience applying windows updates across a network and installing drivers for specific hardware
- Experience with technology monitoring tools
- Experience using a ticketing system (ServiceNow, JIRA, etc.)
- Experience with cable management and station organization
- Experience in manufacturing, automation, or fulfillment centers
- Experience in the Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) industry
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidat es prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Engineer, Systems Support Engineer, Mesa, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona