Systems Engineer - Junior System Modeler / DHMSM ( R-00082797 )
LEIDOS is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of a modernized EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.5 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The DHMSM Systems Engineering – Junior System Modeler will be a key contributor in the effort to create highly integrated and complex system models for the effort which will enable optimization of engineering and integration processes in support of existing and new capabilities within the EHR system of systems from a DHMSM system perspective. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Modeling Lead, and other team members to accomplish program goals and meet requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide systems engineering and integration rigor and analysis of a highly complex system of systems through functional systems analysis, design, and integration.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizenship required – must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance, per contract requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering (SE), including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Software Engineering Principles
- Software Architecture and Design
- Network Architectures & Design
- UML/SysML MBSE Cameo System Modeler
- Understanding of Interface Control Documentation (ICD)
- Networking and Inter-process Communications and Methods
- Networking using standard health industry methods (HL7, PACS, rest interface, etc.)
- Working Independent and Part of a Team
- Experience with Monte Carlo and other types of simulations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with modelling tools such as Cameo
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud
- YANG/ NEMO/ Nomagic Networking Policy
- Cisco Modelling Lab
- Web Publisher 2.0/ Java-Doc
- Broad understanding of systems, systems of systems, and large deployed systems.
- Experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including databases
- Familiarity with DoD and/or other government agencies and methods
- Experience with Cerner solutions, Dentrix Enterprise, and Rhapsody
- Experience with medical and/or dental record integration or transition