Principal Systems Engineer ( R-00082466 )
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Systems' Engineer in Columbia, MD for an exciting opportunity on a TTO-based contract that supports the customer's Capabilities organization. This effort encompasses the entire systems engineering life-cycle and provides the technical services necessary to conceptualize, prototype, develop, deploy, and sustain a wide range of systems. This is a superb opportunity to showcase your engineering expertise on large-scale and interfacing systems that are part of a complex environment developing prototype-directed solutions.
One key TTO delivers a platform that hosts an expanding set of core services, analytic tools, data compliance, and security services to the TechSIGINT community. Incorporating DevOps and other best practices to design, develop and deploy software, we adhere to a rigorous release schedule for the SDK. In addition, we provide software maintenance and enhancements, systems engineering and administration, and quality assurance to an operational system of critical importance to SIW. The team works collaboratively across various organizations implementing the latest technology (AWS, containerization, DevOps, metrics and monitoring, etc.) to support the mission and meet the customer's needs in a proactive manner.
- Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system architecture and system design documentation.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of required system.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from CCB meetings, design reviews, and program reviews.
- Manage the customer relations based on the objective of the task.
- (20) years of experience as a Systems' Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited College or University is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to lead a small team of engineers with minimal guidance
- Ability to decompose, analyze, and allocate use cases to solution space and architecture
- Ability to initiate development efforts to prototype directed solutions
- Ability to develop architecture views
- Ability to develop I&T plans